Senior Programme Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term/SecondmentReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCyber Security
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00024330
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Senior Programme Manager to join us in Virgin Media Business (VMB) on a 6 month fixed term contract. You will work across our teams to manage the rollout of programmes aligned to improving experience for our valued business customers whilst improving revenue.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters. Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more…
The programmes managed are typically of a medium to large size where the complexity is unknown, and they are delivered across several functional groups or divisions. You will be accountable for ensuring that the project or initiatives produce the required deliverables to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk and time.
The must haves:
- Proven experience of project management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment. Owning and resolving escalated project and programme issues.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques and methodologies.
- Developed and proven stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills. With the ability to understand and manage multiple risks – dealing with uncertainty, whilst being proactive and forward-looking.
- In depth knowledge of strategic business objectives, drivers and complex organisational designs.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Experience of similar role(s) in a complex matrix/B2B environment, with the energy and passion combined with credibility to deliver to diverse range of audiences.
- This role is all about deliverables so of course strong Programme Management experience is key alongside the ability to manage multiple projects with an customer focus and desire to deliver excellent customer experience end-to-end. So a recognised industry qualification, such as PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent working experience is a must.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters!
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process with the Hiring Manager and panel. When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing interest in joining the Virgin Media family.