Senior Product ManagerReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Brand & Marketing
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00021642
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Senior Product Manager to join our team here at Virgin Media Business (VMB). This is a great opportunity for you to develop the VMB security and cloud portfolio strategy, whilst delivering on key plans for new world capability.
Virgin Media has extensive network coverage across the UK and is also working with leading suppliers to increasingly provide our services to business customers. With the industry wide changes driven by COVID, VMB is accelerating investments and continuously developing our strategy for successful participation into existing/new markets and the operating model that underpins that success – and that’s where you come in!
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. An extensive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's key that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
We're keen to find commercially and strategically astute individuals, who know how to collaborate with key business partners effectively, acting as the voice of the customer and lead point of contact within VMB for developments and decisions.
The must haves:
- Extensive proven product development/management and project management experience.
- Demonstrable experience using and understanding security technologies (SASE, Zero Trust).
- Experience of Applications & Services (Cloud, SaaS, data centre) with commercial focus and understanding of the cloud markets.
- You will need to showcase strong interpersonal skills, with examples of where you have successfully influenced and collaborated with senior business partners.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Ability to define requirements and customer/user experience.
- Proven experience of prioritising and understanding cost, time, quality and scope trade-offs within the delivery lifecycle.
- Ability to knowledge share and mentor others.
- Previous business analysis skills are desirable but not crucial.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - we're passionate about helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a screening call with your dedicated Recruiter, followed by a 2 part assessment of proficiency based questions.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.