Senior Legal Counsel - Consumer Rights (6 months FTC)London
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessLegal
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00024368
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Solicitor to join Virgin Media as a Senior Legal Counsel on a fixed term basis for 6 months, based in our Hammersmith office.
This exciting opportunity is a new and key role within the legal team in a developing area, working on a breadth of consumer and regulatory matters such as legal advice regarding consumer propositions and campaigns, customer terms and conditions, digital customer journeys, Consumer Rights Act, Ofcom investigations and general conditions and advertising for Virgin Media 02.
This role has phenomenal potential, and the individual will also be able to assist in advising on a number of related areas of regulation and consumer facing matters.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As the successful role holder you'll take personal ownership for future thinking, business partnering in the provision of legal advice within Virgin Media. You'll be proactive and adept at engaging across functions and supporting other areas where and when needed.
Your duties will be multifaceted, but ultimately you will be responsible for providing commercially focused, accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support to the business on a broad range of sophisticated legal matters.
The must haves:
- Evidenced experience in advertising and consumer law
- Proven contract (sponsorship) experience
- You'll be a qualified Lawyer (Barrister or solicitor)
- Previous experience building and managing senior partner relationships
- Evidence of how you distil sophisticated legal matters and present back to senior partners in straightforward terms
- Willing to travel to the Reading and Slough office occasionally when required
Other stuff we're looking for:
- A background in the telecommunications industry would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working (so don't be worried to ask the question).
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include (example based on a full time, permanent role):
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 25%, based on company performance.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a Saville wave assessment along with a competency based interview, with a second stage consisting of an exercise and a presentation.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing a curiosity about joining the Virgin Media family.