Senior Information Security AnalystReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT, Cyber Security
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00023240
About the role
At Virgin Media, we believe that great employee experience leads to great customer experience. From our CEO to our field engineers, we are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation, thus achieving our purpose of “Building connections that really matter” and our North Star “To become the most recommended brand by our people and customers”.
That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you are in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
What Will you be doing?
Within the InfoSec department, Customer Information Security are tasked with keeping our Consumer and Business customers safe online. Whether that’s communicating help and advice around detected security issues or working with internal teams to ensure our Customers journey is as safe as possible, Customer Information Security are at the heart of the InfoSec department and need your expertise.
- Security Best Practice Promotion. Drive Customer Security best practice across VM and throughout Liberty Global. Work in close partnership with our Central Information Security and Messaging partners.
- Work stream Development. Create new work-streams from scratch as per business need, utilising the Customer Information Security framework.
- Mentoring / Guidance - Team Support. Provide subject matter expert advice to Customer Information Security Analysts at all levels.
- Stakeholder Engagement. Encouraging and driving collaboration within the team and with external teams – building connections that really matter and breaking down silos. Actively engage in the strategic planning of the department remit and focus with senior management.
- Security process development. Assist with the planning and maintaining of tasks relating to mobile telephony security. You will liaise with different departments to work on current or new projects, which ultimately will provide security functions to Virgin Media's customer to help secure their accounts. Provide input to maintain the high level of security expectations throughout the SDLC and meet Virgin Media’s security objectives.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate close adherence to procedure and processes in current or previous role.
- Results driven and able to deliver a high standard of security incident handling in a consistent manner. Must be able to work independently and with a team - a high degree of self-motivation is essential.
- Be able to process a number of work streams simultaneously to ensure that tasks are delivered within the required timescales. Flexibility in the role is essential.
- Consistent focus on the team based review of existing working practices to identify areas where levels of performance and best practice can be improved.
- Work in positive partnership with immediate colleagues and stakeholders - understand the business needs to ensure that tasks are aligned to overall company, department and team initiatives & objectives.
- Seek to challenge assumptions and work with colleagues to find creative solutions to coordinate our responses to Customer Information Security issues/risks and the associated impact on the business.
- Work in a positive partnership with external stakeholders – representation of the Virgin Media values, remaining professional but being willing to challenge with authority and impact.
- Understanding of programming languages such as BASH and Python
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, and latest software
- Solid knowledge and understanding of various frameworks/regulations such as GDPR, PCI, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO27001 or similar
- Growth mindset with excellent prioritisation skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
We believe that great employee experience leads to excellent customer experience.