Senior Customer Information Security Analyst
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT, Cyber Security
LocationReading -Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00014725
About the role
Salary: up to £55,000
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
Customer Information Security support VM’s Consumer and Business customers faced with malware, device misconfiguration & email security incidents to ensure that security mitigations are swiftly implemented to protect the safety and security of their VM products and services. The overall CIS goal being that our customers are safe online, are fully satisfied with their experience of Virgin Media products and services and become our best advocates.
This role focuses on security incident triage, investigating security reports, evidence analysis and prioritisation of security resource with the aim of protecting Virgin Media reputation and upholding the optimal customer experience of Virgin Media consumer and business online services. This role also includes information security, risk management and content blocking responsibilities while also providing subject matter expertise to Support Analysts and Analysts and upwards to the VM Security Senior Leadership Team.
This will be achieved through:
- Best Practice Promotion. Drive Customer Security best practice across VM and throughout Liberty Global. Work in close partnership with our Central Information Security and Messaging partners.
- Greenfield Development. Create new work-streams from scratch as per business need and utilising the CIS management framework protocols.
- Mentoring / Guidance. Team Support. Provide subject matter expert advice to Customer Information Security Analysts at all levels.
- Customer Authentication Standard. In order to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer accounts and information, you will develop and maintain Information Security standards related to Customer Authentication.
- Security Incident Management – Customer Authentication. Lead on the investigation and security incident response to incidents that are connected to customer authentication.
- Risk Management. You will be responsible for managing and controlling new and existing CIS risks by developing effective strategies and security controls and mitigations.
- Regulatory Content Blocking. Manage the operational relationship with regulatory bodies. Lead the site blocking compliance for Virgin Media working in partnership with senior VM regulatory counsel.
- Court Order Enforced Content Blocking. Lead the content blocking operational compliance for Virgin Media by working closely with the Legal department to ensure Court Orders and periodic updates are implemented accurately and within the relevant mandated time period.
- Content Blocking Relationship Management & Operational Readiness. Maintain comprehensive awareness of the communications industry and regulatory body blocking initiatives. Monitor and identify any changes in Rights Holder strategy in dealing with Intellectual Property Rights and develop strategies and processes in anticipation.
- Security Incident Triage. Allocate appropriate administrator and analyst resource to manage security incident reports.
- Security Incident Remediation Management. Continuously review and amend all existing security fixes to ensure that the correct procedure is being used to mitigate security risk.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Ability to demonstrate close adherence to procedure and processes in current or previous role.
- Results driven and able to deliver a high standard of security incident handling in a consistent manner.
- Security incident investigation experience.
- Proven experience with case management applications.
- Proven technical experience with experience working in IT
- Proven track record gained within a large commercial environment
- Good analytical and investigatory skills
- Team leading and development skills
- Strong stakeholder management background
- Customer Security case investigation skills – incident and ticketing related applications
- Holding a relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA, CEH, Sec+)
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!