Cloud DevOps EngineerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00025455
About the role
The IT Data Architecture team plays a pivotal role in setting the strategic technical direction of Virgin Media O2 data platforms, services, and end to end delivery. Exploitation of data is key for both the business and technology strategies.
As part of delivering our company wide Data strategy, we are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer who will use cutting edge technologies on GCP and on-premises for designing, provisioning, monitoring, and maintaining the infrastructure automation framework. This is a key role which focuses on building and maintaining the tooling and infrastructure used to automate the release, deployment, and upgrade processes our workloads.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
- Develop, maintain, and optimise the CI/CD pipelines.
- Standardise and simplify the CI/CD practices with governance and security.
- Research, recommend and carry out infrastructure and DevOps improvements
- Collaborate with different teams to improve the integration and release process.
- Build monitoring tools and dashboards to track infrastructure and application performance.
- Strengthen and maintain the monitoring and management of the build and deployment processes and infrastructure
- Be a team player by being open to knowledge sharing and collaborative working.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven track record of delivery with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform
- Experienced in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Nexus or equivalent CI/CD tools.
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools of cloud infrastructure and SaaS/PaaS applications
- Strong experience in Python programming.
- Experienced in cluster deployments using automated tooling
- Experienced in Cloud Composer or Apache Airflow for job automation and orchestration.
- Experience with cloud security principles and best practices
- Experienced in configuring Google Cloud network services – Google Cloud VPC resources (CIDR range, subnets, firewall rules, etc.), Configuring NAT.
- Knowledge in managing and monitoring network operations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, containerd)