Senior Audience ManagerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessDigital Services
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00022213
About the role
To support our digital transformation journey, we are looking for an experienced Audience Manager to bring our digital strategy to life. Reporting to the Head of Audience, you will support the rollout of the audience strategy. The nature of the role is multifaceted and innovative. You will work with many different teams daily, driving forward projects that are underpinned by data and insight. You will operate all mar tech, ad tech and analytics platforms that hold or activate against customer data. The goal is to use technology to drive media efficiencies and audience data to improve customer experience. In practice, strategic audience initiatives can happen across marketing channels, within the ecommerce and conversion teams or even with customer service teams.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters. Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a Senior Audience Manager you will use data to segment our customers and new prospects for the digital sales team. How we define and target key audiences must be documented and maintained as our website, customer journeys, and marketing channels evolve over time. Using platforms such as Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Business Manager and our CDP you'll drive the creation of new audiences. On top of this, you will proactively identify new and profitable audience strategies that can be used by relevant teams and agency partners (such as marketing, CRM, Social, PPC or Display).
You’ll scope, build and analyse test-and-learn programs that will drive key campaign and business KPI’s, such as CPA or Average Revenue Per User. This involves working cross-functionally with our paid media, analytics, and data science teams as well as our ad tech and mar tech suppliers. You’ll keep up to date with audience segmentation and targeting best practice – staying on top of industry changes, privacy changes and customer needs.
Communication is key for us so you will take your findings, define and document them and share with the wider organisation regularly.
The must haves
- Proven working in an operational digital role within a related agency, consultancy, technology platform or in-house marketing team.
- Operational expertise using ad tech platforms, primarily DMPs, CDPs, DSPs, SSPs and Ad Servers.
- Working knowledge of 0,1,2 or 3rd party data – for prospecting, remarketing, personalisation or improved customer experience.
- Experience working in tandem with data analytics and data scientists – driving marketing and commercial value from the insights, models and data products they deliver.
- Proven relationship management with internal teams, agency teams and software vendors.
Other stuff we’re looking for
- Audience management within Google Marketing Platform / GA360 preferred.
- Advanced use of Excel & PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal need.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a three stage process, starting with an introductory conversation from our Head of Audience.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.