Security Governance ManagerReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessOperations
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00019859
About the role
What is the job?
We are looking for a Security Governance Manager to join our Technology function. With the help of the Senior Manager they will be initially be responsible for streamlining and rolling out existing security process and practices across a large IT Organisation, this will require great communications skills and the ability to sell concepts and ideas at all levels of the organisation.
The second key part of the role will be supporting the business with the upcoming Telecoms Security Framework rollout from a technical security perspective, the successful candidate will support the implementation of the TSR’s within the IT Space with not only a good practical knowledge of compliance but of the underlying technologies underpinning the TSF being brought in by the new Telecoms Security Bill.
In addition the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the Vulnerability management team with the chasing and tracking of vulnerabilities within the organisation
- Help operate the information security management system framework across the organisation and develop, implement and monitor security policies and security controls in accordance with recognised best practice and in line with ISO27001
- Be a key subject matter expert to the division with regards to security and support a wide range of projects to ensure information security is embedded appropriately.
- You will also undertake assessments of proposed technical architecture changes to ensure they are of the highest standard and respond to security incidents and breaches, conduct investigations, report results and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Work with the compliance team to help support resolution of security focused findings from various audits
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively from Engineer to VP Level.
- A Solid understanding of the technologies underpinning the Telecoms Security Bills new technical requirements such as: MFA, Network Segregation, Network Design, Virtualisation, Access Management.
- Proven experience of rolling out security practices across organisations.
- Experience of working with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001,CAS-T,SOX