Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessProject Management
Job ID 00020408
About the role
We’re currently hiring for a Scrum Master to join our team here at Virgin Media. Your key focus will be to guide and mentor the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high-quality products and services to our customers. As Scrum Master, you’re responsible for improving interactions between the Scrum team and the organisation to maximise efficiency. You’ll lead, train, and coach the organisation in its Scrum and agile adoption, acting as a SME. Helping to build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile, and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
This role would suit an individual who wants to achieve high performance through recognising areas of strength and improvement of their team, whilst ensuring appropriate coaching and development techniques are used. You’ll drive continual service improvement into the agile and scrum functions, by coordinating sprints, meetings, and daily stand-ups. This is such an exciting time to join our business and help drive our Agile/Scrum frameworks, by working closely with our Product Owners and Scrum Teams.
The must haves:
• Experience in playing the role of Scrum Master to be able to demonstrate, diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Able to provide examples of where you have demonstrated excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and coaching skills.
• Proven experience in facilitating meetings across all levels of an organisation and an understanding of facilitation techniques.
• Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
Other stuff we're looking for:
• Experience in using Jira to manage Sprint planning.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Experience working in a dynamic environment with high work volumes.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.