Project ManagerSouth East
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessNetwork Expansion
LocationField Region - South East
Job ID 00026973
About the role
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity to join Virgin Media as a Project Manager! Within this role, you’ll be accountable for project leadership and delivery of a project of NetEx builds delivering circa 7.5k-10k premises pa / £4m-5m capex spend from opportunity assessment through to project closure. You’ll lead an integrated project team who will have collective accountability for delivery of the overall project. This is directly linked to the VMO2 growth agenda, covering HSEQ, programme, quality, cost construction & commissioning.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – Broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's absolutely critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more..
As a Project Manager, you’ll ensure the adoption of leading HSEQ practices across all aspects of the build delivery as part of the VMO2 Zero Harm culture. You’ll be responsible for the leadership and delivery of the project plan consisting of c.10k premises @ £5m pa including robust risk management and lead the project planning, build and delivery of a robust network to the agreed specifications.
You’ll be responsible for end-to-end project planning (working with the RPMO) and accountable for leading the project end to end from opportunity assessment through to project closure, ensuring that the project produces the required deliverables to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk, time and benefit related to the broader NetEx Programme.
The must haves
- Previous experience with senior stakeholders, technical and non-technical audiences and being able to communicate clearly and concisely with proven negotiation and persuasion skills to influence external stakeholders who are not under direct control.
- Knowledge & experience of performing role of “Project Manager” and demonstrable experience of project management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment (APM (P) & MSP Practitioner).
- Extensive experience of enterprise programme planning tools!
- Proven experience delivering infrastructure programmes (preferably telco but not essential)
- As you will be visiting client site you will need a full clean driving license!
Other stuff we’re looking for
- Any experience or New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) qualifications would be a great bonus!
What’s in it for you
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits you'll get are:
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK Bank Holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. If your application is successful, the next steps of the process are likely to include an initial telephone conversation with a member of our Recruitment team, followed by a competency-based video interview with the Hiring Manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.