Product Owner - FaultsLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Delivery, Digital Services, Product Management, Transformation
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00028302
About the role
Location - Nationwide/Hybrid Flexible working with weekly travel to London.
At Virgin Media, we have the vision to enable customers to interact with us simply and when convenient for them by creating best-in-class, self-serve journeys with an emphasis on customer experience and relevance.
Challenger is a newly created department within Virgin Media acting like a start-up style, forward-thinking team. They make decisions quickly, fail fast and deliver valuable solutions for our customers using an agile approach. Challenger operates collaboratively across the whole of VM working hand in hand with SMEs, IT teams and the wider VM business to drive digitalisation throughout the Virgin Media brand.
The Faults team sits within the Challenger team’s care estate and is focused on driving a proactive technical fault resolution strategy and delivering self-serve behaviour driven functionality to resolve technical issues online through the online channels. The Faults team is responsible for maximising the cost benefits by enabling the customers to solve their broadband, TV or landline issues through online channels. The team develops web-based personalised customer journeys to help with service checks, diagnose faults, provide appropriate solutions and offer a seamless experience.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy delivering complex products and services in a user-friendly format to provide a seamless digital customer care experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for developing a business value-driven based approach in prioritising backlog for creating proactive fault reduction digital journeys that enable customers to minimise their downtime – the first time this has been done at Virgin Media
- You will collaborate with billing, customer acquisition, cross-sell and up-sell Product Owners to ensure we have a singular strategy for managing customers in the digital estate across their lifetime
- You will liaise with the technical subject matter experts for legacy sub-systems, business analysts, technical leads, testers, UI experts, copywriters and developers to provide a seamless fault diagnostic and resolution online journey
- You will work with the Data Science team and Commercial teams to build and optimise fault performance dashboards used for benefit-driven decisions
- Work closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation to build long term capabilities and drive sustainable change whilst staying aligned to the challenger vision
• Experience working as a Senior Product Owner with consumer products, digital technologies or e-commerce
• Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines of organisation
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills, focused on data-driven decisions
• You’ll need to be an innovative and creative thinker, with the ability to apply analytical rigour and problem-solving skills.
• You’ll have performed a role previously practising digital-first methodology with the latest toolsets and analytically focussed setup
• Able to work with a range of stakeholders and bring their expertise into a single product view.
• You’ll have experience building online commercial products and optimising revenue retention, as well as have had exposure to data science products before
The other stuff we're looking for:
• Developed track record of delivering customer experience wins and innovations
• The ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with a variety of audience
• Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
• You have a strong passion for doing things right for customers, creating seamless experiences and designing product platform strategies.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. And it's fair to say, it'll offer great flexibility and always put wellbeing at the top of the table. We're open to chatting about flexible working (so don't be worried to ask the question). Every role is different, so where we can, we'll work with you to achieve the right balance.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. If your application is successful, the next steps of the process are likely to include an initial telephone conversation with a member of our Recruitment team, followed by a competency-based video interview with the Hiring Manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know and we'll be sure to discuss it with yo