Product Owner - Centralised Customer CommunicationsLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessDelivery, Product Management
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00032122
About the role
Who we are
VMO2 has an opportunity to re-create how we engage our customers. We no longer want to think about communication as a functional marketing lever but as a tool to build a relationship of trust and engagement.
You will be working as part of a team dedicated to developing our data-driven engagement strategy. We have one of the UK’s most extensive, rich data assets and are currently investing a great deal into leading edge digital first technologies to help us create amazing customer experiences.
As a Centralised Communications Product Owner, you will play a pivotal part in achieving our growth goals and transforming VMO2 into digital ecosystem platform player. Through the use of data and personalisation, rapid testing and iterating, you will be responsible for growing a base of engaged customers and prospects using our digital communication channels; increasing adoption, attention and ultimately Customer Lifetime Value. You will define and own a roadmap of communications use cases for your squad and deliver against a clear set of OKRs and KPIs.
You'll be working in a matrix team, creating customer communications across different journeys, and working alongside Product teams developing digital experiences. The ultimate objective is to give our users relevant content, using the right channel at the right time.
If your preferred location isn’t listed, but you feel this role could be right for you, please connect with the recruiter to discuss in more detail.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Several years experience in digital communications or CRM experience in a pure-play digital company at scale
- Innovation mindset, test and learn mentality
- Good awareness of rapid test and learn methodologies and technologies
- Awareness of and proficiency with latest communications/CRM technologies
- Proficiency with Agile development methods and working in scrum and kanban
- Strong experience in customer and community engagement
- A background in highly targeted, high frequency content industries
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of a KPI’s impact on the business
- Good understanding of data legislation and regulation
- Hold an MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Be a Certified Scrum Alliance or scrum.org Product Owner
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage formal interview process which will include a competency based assessment (Saville Wave).
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.