Product & Strategy SpecialistLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessStrategy & Planning, Brand & Marketing, Data Insight & Analytics, Delivery, Digital Services, Customer Experience, Product Management
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00034234
About the role
We're searching for a talented Product & Strategy Specialist for VMO2’s Digital Experimentation Lab that we are creating in the UK. The “App Lab” by VMO2 is an innovative and fast-paced product experimentation capability. The objective of the role is to lead, design and build countless experiments with the mission to build the products of tomorrow - accelerating product innovation and development cycles, digital transformation, and disruption of VMO2, and the telecom industry in general.
The experiments will be aiming to build products and services for a vast array of customer cohorts across various demographic buckets.
As the Product & Strategy Specialist, you will be the ‘right hand’ person to the Lab Director, and supported by team members from functions across digital including but not limited to technology, design, customer acquisition, legal, and change management.
Tell me more, tell me more:
We are looking for a misfit, a maverick, a hard-working leader, a talented rebel that will help us to change the telecom industry inside out, creating innovative products that our consumers & partners will love
As the product lead, you will be responsible for running multiple experiments, working in close coordination with multi-disciplinary distributed teams from across functions to launch and iterate in-house rapid tests of app products and features with real customers
The successful candidate will own the market validation process for experiments end-to-end, from submission of concepts / ideas, to testing, and managing stakeholders across the wider business
You will be an ambassador and advocate of the App Lab across the business to create awareness and help funnel the right ideas to the App Lab
• Experience leading day to day activity of Digital Product (backlog refinement, feature sizing, user stories, hypothesis generation, road mapping, daily stand ups etc) & able to balance tactical activity with a strategic mindset
• Confident in leading a cross-skilled team to deliver goals on a per sprint cadence
• Ability to illustrate a clear link between digital enhancements & new products/services to business impact
• Technical competence across tooling (such as Atlassian Suite or similar, analytics tools such as GA, Amplitude or similar and creative tools such as Miro & Figma) in order to make data based decisions, as well as a high-level understanding of engineering
• Passionate about technology and an understanding of current key themes across adjacent industries, highly inquisitive in nature
Nice to Have:
• Prior experience driving products/services from inception through testing, refinement, MVP and production
• Ability to collaborate closely with the Research & Design teams to drive optimal outcomes across varying degrees of fidelity (ranging from MVP through to production)
• Prior experience of leading a team
What’s in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• An annual bonus based on company performance
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal need.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage process, starting with an introductory conversation from our Head of Digital Strategy.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.