Pre Sales Consultant - SDWAN SpecialistReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessField Sales, B2B
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00019824
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join one of our dynamic Specialist Sales Teams here in Virgin Media Business as a Presales Consultant. You’ll be responsible for providing sales expertise to existing and new customers in a proactive manner early in the customer journey to maximise their digital potential and support the Virgin Media Business Growth Plan.
The purpose of the role is to provide C-Level thought leadership, consultation and solution recommendations to our customers, whilst acting as an evangelist and advocate for VMB’s SD-WAN capability. You’ll be interfacing to a number of internal stakeholders across the business, to feedback customer views on our services and recommend enhancements. The main responsibility will be promoting our portfolio in a consultative “business outcome led” manner, and being able to articulate the benefits and comparisons of different technologies in a simple and effective manner to drive uptake of VMB’s SD-WAN.
The ideal candidate will have significant successful new business sales experience across public sector and/or enterprise customers and prospects. An in depth market knowledge of emerging technologies (specifically SD-WAN, SDA), sales success and industry credibility is essential. A track record in working within key verticals is preferred – e.g Health, Blue Light, Enterprise.
- To exceed stated targets as agreed with your line manager by promoting SD-WAN services, driving adoption within the existing account base, providing incremental revenue streams into Virgin Media Business
- Engage with C-level contacts, other business influencers, and decision makers in the account based in line with the VMB sales strategy. Work with the account teams and customers to achieve a compelling end to end Virgin Media Business SD-WAN proposition, and provide complete confidence in our capability
- Lead the qualification of opportunities to recommend the best glide path to SD-WAN, Interface into the Account and Sales Engineering teams to help them lead the sale
- Represent the customer needs and provide thought leadership in the development of our product portfolio and account specific sales strategies
- Work collaboratively with our solution partners, develop relationships and campaign activities to drive value-add, go to market propositions
- Interface in to Marketing, helping them develop the Go To Market SD-WAN proposition and provide feedback into the VMB SLT on the recommended direction of travel
- Have an appreciation of underlying network and associated technologies (eg. MPLS and SIP trunking, Voice, LAN and IPT)
- Ability to influence VMB account teams, bid & commercial teams, product teams as required to identify opportunities within the existing account base and help shape VMB’s strategy in this area
Key Competencies & Behaviours
You will be the recognised, passionate and driven leader in this specialism and stand out as the customer champion - putting the customer’s objectives at the heart of everything we do. To succeed, you will strive to learn the Virgin Media Business in depth, along with our core strategy, sector strategies, sales plans, specific Account Development plans and current products roadmap. Externally, you will be a market expert and hold full understanding of competitions capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Build strategies to maximise our success, by understanding customer’s businesses drivers and how technology contributes to their strategic goals.
- Ability to influence both internally and externally. Sharing an inspiring vision, and gain buy in from all stakeholders, on how our solutions drive our success and how Virgin Media Business is best positioned to develop and deliver such solutions
- Be able to negotiate decisions on qualification of customer opportunities and communicate and justify these decisions with other departments to gain support and formal approvals. Demonstrate a variety of influencing skills suitable to level and situation
- Be excellent at communicating strategic thinking to the client base. Demonstrate excellent clarity in all types of communication and ability to utilise a broad variety of communication tools
- Relate to people at all levels and actively build appropriate relationships both formal and informal
- Be able to champion cross-functional work across sales, ops, commercial, networks and marketing to ensure service offerings can be delivered within timescales, through early engagement and detailed gap analysis with the stakeholder group
- First class ability to understand and present solutions to clients, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
- Able to work consistently in scenarios where bespoke solutions need to be tailored to underpin customer requirements.
- Develop compelling Virgin Media Business propositions and provide complete confidence in our capability
- Demonstrate ability to make the most of potential and build capability, showcasing high standards, always looking for improvement and continually assessing own performance and development area
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in selling solutions to UK centric public sector and enterprise customers
- Working knowledge of WAN / SD-WAN is essential, including demonstrating solutions where applicable
- Vast exposure working in complex, high value, major bids based using applicable technologies and solutions
- Strong experience in a customer facing environment
- A sound working knowledge of business procedure and processes
- Single Vendor SD-WAN experience essential (Silver Peak, Velocloud, Viptela) Multi-Vendor experience preferred