Pega DevOps EngineerManchester
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationManchester - Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R
Job ID 00021017
About the role
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
The Pega SME will be integral to the development of an existing platform with the aim to automate a significant number of processes and allow VM to further its Digital Transformation Roadmap.
The role will be a part of the application maintenance team tasked with managing and maintaining the platform. This individual will be responsible for diagnosing incidents and investigating faults in addition to assisting development in developing BPM applications using Pega PRPC. Maintenance of application involves deploying changes, patch updates and fully understanding business needs to be able to address incident and out of hour call outs.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Knowledge & Experience
- PEGA Developer (CSA) Certification is a plus.
- Experience in analysis, design, development, deployment of large-scale Java centric enterprise application systems.
- Able to manage Web Application Servers including set up
- Hands on experience managing application and services including incident management
- Experience on DevOps implementation and managing CI/CD pipeline
- Able to monitor, troubleshoot and repair infrastructure, application, operating systems and/or hardware and/or network issues.
- Out of hours support managing incidents and deployments
- Experience on Pega PRPC v7.x, v8.x and Frameworks.
- Strong knowledge on Pega Upgrades, Integration and all Pega Tools.
- Able to guide leadership on technology architecture issues.
- Promote the development of technical infrastructure/architecture and standards to enable delivery to business domains.
- Hands on Design/Development experience in Pega Case Management required.
- Working understanding of Pega organizational routing process.
- Knowledge of application Security concepts.
- Knowledge of Integration (ex. REST) and their error handing.
- Custom CSS and UI components.
- Hands on experience managing application / services in Cloud is a plus