Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessPlanning & Engineering
LocationSheffield -Chippingham Street
Job ID 00017692
About the role
Full time, permanent
Full time hours: 37.5 hours per week over 5 days (between 08:00 – 18:00)
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Strategic Opportunity Planner that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
As the Strategic Opportunity Planner you will be to identifying and costing the opportunities that will form the strategic build plan for Lightning, whilst managing various stakeholders. All of this activity must adhere to the business case and budget. You will complete this task by using various tools available to you by identifying the best possible building & releasable opportunity across all premise and technology variances including 3rd party infrastructure.
You will be expected to lead collaboration with various key stakeholders across the Lightning programme such as Public Affairs, Build, Finance, PRT, Network Planning, Wayleave and the Command Centre, to ensure we deliver the maximum number of released premises and reduce wasted opportunities across the Lightning build programmes.
You will be expected to learn and adapt as new technologies, build methods and different key projects come available as this will enable Lightning to further increase its reach as it expands it network across the UK & NI.
Some of the responsibilities of this role will include;
- Using the tools available and taking a strategic view, identify, validate, scope, and cost opportunities suitable for VM & VMB lightning programs.
- Producing and developing supporting documentation in advance of impact assessments and cost approval processes for our new opportunities
- Managing a strategic approach to identify the most ‘buildable’ opportunities with the most optimized return on investment for submission through the lightning program.
- Encouraging of change and embracing new approaches to ways of working within the business
- Working with peers to ensure legislative compliance whilst maximising cost recovery for all activity
- Supporting the introduction and development of our new systems and make suggestions where applicable to suggest improvements.
- Providing guidance, coaching and mentoring for new starters.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding HFC, TDM, Fibre networks and 3rd party alternative network providers. With knowledge and experience in Civils & Planning operations
- Ability to deliver consistent performance against key KPI target while also ensuring that you are aligned to the objectives of network expansion and the deliverables of the lightning programme
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, must be willing to be held responsible and accountable for actions and decisions made in this role.
- Experience operating in a customer centric environment and possession of excellent people skills with the ability to work in a high pressure environment being highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities at a senior level.
- Experience of project management techniques including planning, time prioritisation, evaluation, escalation and collaboration
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!