Market Research Manager - Maternity CoverLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00021289
About the role
Market Research Manager – 12 month Maternity cover
About the Role:
As a Market Research Manager you will be responsible for leading quantitative and qualitative research, both by managing partnerships with market research agencies as well as by designing and producing in house ad hoc research surveys.
Tell me more, tell me more…
Working as part of the Research team you will be responsible for:
- Manage existing continuous research studies, including the New Joiners & Leavers tracking research which aims to understand key reasons of why customers join and why they leave. These surveys look in-depth at the dynamics of the telecommunications and entertainment market and as a result are of key importance to Virgin Media in informing its strategies and have a high profile within the business.
- Ensure these studies are up to date and engage with the agencies to ensure insights are continuously improved and actionable.
- Help promote the value of market research and to drive change within the business by combining insights from different researches and sources of information and disseminating these learnings to different stakeholders in a clear and effective way.
- Engage with key teams - in particular Marketing, Commercial and Product teams to understand their strategies and insight needs, and formulate research approaches to meet these needs via bespoke research and existing research and insights.
- Manage both external and in house ad hoc research projects from end to end - including capture of requirements, research design, questionnaire design, scripting (online platform tool), analysis and recommendations.
- Continuously keep up to date with new research thinking and agencies to enable the latest thinking to be incorporated into our research projects.
The must haves….
- Experience in Market Research, gained either client side or agency side
- Statistical knowledge for sampling, weighting, interpretation of statistical significance
- Knowledge on a variety of research methodologies and techniques
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to identify patterns in complex information but also the ability to see the big picture
- Skills in building Powerpoint presentations that communicates complex data in a simple way
- Experience of telling compelling stories to a range of audiences and seniorities
- Experience of using Excel and a high level of numeracy.
Other stuff we’re looking for…
- Desirable experience: telecoms industry expertise, experience with qualitative studies and understanding of analytical techniques such as conjoint and price elasticity exercises
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday off
- Bupa Healthcare
- Pension contribution up to 10%
- Heavily discounted rates on our products for you + family & friends
- Flexible working environment