Market Insight AnalystManchester
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics
LocationManchester - Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R
Job ID 00021684
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Market Insight Analyst to join our team here at Virgin Media Business (VMB). You'll be getting hands on and creating consistent sets of customer, competitor & industry insights whilst using primary and secondary research techniques. The purpose will be to enhance the focus and precision of our go to market strategies and execution whilst improving our competitive position and accelerating our target market penetration.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. An important part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's key that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
If you enjoy analysing data as well as speaking to customers to gain a deeper understanding of their needs, then this is your opportunity to shine! The role sits within the B2B market insight function of VMB, and will be focusing on our customer base, industry standards and how we stack up against our competition.
The must haves:
- Proven skillset in manipulating data using quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Ability to showcase your incredible story telling skills, by taking complex ideas and communicating them in a manner that is understood by all audiences
- Demonstrable experience using strong communication skills, with examples of where you have optimally presented findings comfortably
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Experience in a B2B environment – IT, telecoms or service provision preferred
- Ideally degree level educated (or equivalent qualifications) or holds equivalent working experience in this field
- Individuals who demonstrate and can present examples of where they have worked around ambiguity and are able to draw evidence from the conclusions
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial screening call with your dedicated Recruiter, followed by a two part assessment consisting of open dialogue and proficiency based questions. When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.