Lead Network Automation Developer
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessPlanning & Engineering
LocationReading -Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00017772
About the role
About the role
As the Lead Network Automation Developer you will implement a successful development process, lead a team of developers and participate in the development of network automation use cases. Own the end to end development process, provide the team leadership, best practice and guidance. Help them quickly unlock automation benefits to the wider business, with the customer experience at the heart of everything we do. Work with Test team to begin automating testing, a solid CI/CD pipeline and establish continuous improvements.
• Implement a structured CI/CD development process
• Build framework for workflow and code development
• Work with Design to turn HLD into product
• Ensure timely development of automation use cases into testing
• Nurture team members growth and lead team by example
• Ensure code quality and development best practice
Required Minimum Experience
• Strong experience developing automation, ideally in a large Telco or IT company
• Experience leading a team or managing a development pipeline
• Proven track record of delivering business benefits through automation activity
• Working knowledge of Network automation tooling (e.g. Python)
• Working knowledge of Cisco's NSO orchestrator and Itential's IAP workflow engine
• Strong understanding of NETCONF and YANG
• Experience working in Networks or IT, especially with Cisco products
• Knowledge of general network principles and technology in WAN and LAN infrastructures
Other Technical Skills
• Knowledge of common network automation services (e.g. REST APIs, etc.)
• Aware of security requirements and can keep this front of mind when designing and developing automation solutions
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you then click apply now to send through your application.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!