HR Change PartnerReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessPeople
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00024759
About the role
We're on the lookout for a HR Change Partner to be a trusted expert to the People and Transformation Team on employee relations (ER) and Change planning and delivery. In this role you will embed and maintain a culture of trusted Change and ER expertise to enable the business to meet its objectives, and which is aligned to its values.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
This role is ideal for an organised individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, often challenging environment. In this role, you'll work collaboratively to shape our strategy, principles and method for organisation change. Design products based on the needs of our stakeholders to help them effectively shape and deliver organisation design, development and change interventions. Drive effectiveness and efficiencies in VMO2 organisation change programmes and set us up for long term success. Consult on complex transformation programmes to help unlock challenges and shape the organisation. Drive best in class People Change Process balancing both business needs, legal requirements and employee experience. You will also work collaboratively with the wider People team, Business leaders and Legal and other key stakeholders as needed for cross-functional projects.
The must haves:
• Demonstrable experience to create strong recommendations on approaches to change and effective delivery of change.
• Proven thorough understanding of ER/IR structures and ways of working, people policies and processes, best practice, and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound employment practices.
• Sound knowledge of employment law, and strong exposure to HR best practice as it relates to Change and ER.
• Experience working successfully with employee representatives/forums and trade unions.
Other stuff we're looking for:
• Full CIPD membership and qualified (or equivalent business qualification)
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance. This role can be based in either Bellshill, Gateshead, Birmingham, Reading or London.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.