Head of Business PartnersReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Sales
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00025333
About the role
The Head of Business Partners (HoD) will be accountable for the development and delivery of the sales strategy for Business Partners. You will play a significant role in the on-going growth of Virgin Media Wholesale by providing outstanding leadership for the sales teams, driving increased performance across the team and developing strong external commercial relationships.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more…
You will create and manage the implementation of a Channel Plan including product, price, target customers, propositions, and acquisition strategies. Working collaboratively across relevant teams, you'll ensure the appropriate solutions are in place to drive growth in this channel, always looking for ways to be innovating and market leading.
The HoD is required to develop the go to market strategy for the Business Partner market sector, applying thought leadership, deep industry knowledge and established industry relationships. You'll build strategic engagements with Business Partners, developing unique and differentiated joint propositions.
In order to succeed in this position, you'll need to be focus on collaboration; driving sector growth through established market place personal contacts, manage C level relationships and managing the relationship with Senior Executives within existing accounts and prospects. In return this will assist the teams with the development, maintenance and growth of these Customers/Prospects.
The must haves:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering through the development and leadership of sales teams. Ideally evidence of building teams from scratch and turning around underperforming teams.
- Proven record of leading and driving business improvement using change management and organisational development methodologies.
- Proven ability of developing and delivering, set sales strategy, achieving both short and long term business goals in parallel.
- Demonstrable track record of delivery in challenging environments; achieving sales success, meeting and exceeding targets.
- Ability to show strong commercial acumen and how this has been applied to deliver successfully, whilst building business value.
- Demonstrable experience of exceeding multi £m sales targets (revenue, margin & segment profit) and ensuring prudent management of the existing contracted base and significant growth in specific wholesale areas have been achieved.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Ability to drive new business through existing and emerging technologies.
- Experience of influencing at a senior/board level.
- Ability to understand telecoms products and their application.
- Leadership support and mentorship to managers, enabling them to continuously raise the bar on performance within their teams.
- Instilling a performance based culture, focussed on recruiting and retaining talent, recognising exceptional delivery and holding people accountable for results.
What's in it for you?
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process with the hiring panel. When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family!