Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessProject Management, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00021274
About the role
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join our Digital Transformation team supporting both the programme delivery and the practices of our future business. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Working in our Digital team is an exciting experience. We are at the heart of new product and roadmap development for Virgin Media. We work collaboratively with the VM product teams, the wider CTIO team and our Liberty Global European IT & Delivery function bringing exciting products to Virgin Media. We are proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
The Programme Manager will be working within the Data function and will be responsible for tying together all the various strands that want to leverage google cloud into a coherent programme of work. It will have dependencies on all areas of the business, ranging from Data through to the business lines who will have specific use cases to use cloud data. There will also be important stakeholder management with Security, Data Privacy and CTIO (including DCT – Data Centre Operations) so the ability to manage and organise a wide range of stakeholders is a must.
Reporting into the Head of Programme Management in Digital Transformation this will be a high profile role that is front and centre aligned to Virgin Media’s Digital First strategy going forward. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build themselves a profile and really make the role their own in terms of coverage and being able to add value. You'll need to be a self-starter and be able to take the initiative to keep things moving whilst also making sure information is flowing freely between key stakeholders.
Location: We are all working from home currently but post-Covid this role can be based either in our Hammersmith, Birmingham or Manchester offices.
• Experience managing programmes of work in complex environments
• Experience managing multiple dependencies and stakeholder groups
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Comfortable working with ambiguity
• Ability to simplify complex problems into management chunks
• Ability to work at pace in a fast changing environment
• Experience working with agile teams and interfacing with agile ways of working
• Running appropriate levels of governance that balances speed of delivery with control
• Ability to align delivery to strategic objectives
• Self starter and self motivated
• GCP specific implementation and platform delivery experience
• Experience working with Data and/or managing data led projects
• Experience within Telco or delivering products to Digital Channels
• Ability to articulate the “story” to senior stakeholders
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits which include:
Pension - Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday - 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street and you have the experience needed, then click apply to send through your CV.