Full Stack DeveloperReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessProject Management
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00025342
About the role
As a Full Stack Developer, you'll be developing the PPM toolset and inputting into the PPM tool strategy to ensure the best tools for the job are supplied, developed and supported whilst balancing customer needs and the processes they support to facilitate successful delivery of projects, programmes and portfolios.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
It's your job to develop integrations between key tools ensuring tools are as user friendly and straightforward as possible, whilst supporting and designing, build and test tools, objects, reports and dashboards.
The must haves:
- Proven .NET Core development skills - C# ASP.NET (we use .NET 5)
- Demonstrable experience with Angular v8+ (we use v12)
- Experience with Visual Studio 2019 or newer, SQL Server 2012+ (we use 2019), SSMS, Git
- Knowledge of RESTful API development
- Validated experience of full stack development/support (DevOps) of web-based systems
- An in depth understanding of agile development
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of working with Clarity and Microstrategy
- .NET 5 and EF Core 5 experience
- Angular 12 and Kendo UI for Angular knowledge
- Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
- IIS knowledge (configuring websites and app pools, deploying/hosting applications, etc.)
- MS Excel skills along with general Microsoft Office understanding
- Knowledge of techniques employed in analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Experience in a Telecoms or networking environment
- Software modelling and/or what-if scenario analysis experience
- To be collaborative with great communication and interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a interview with the Hiring Manager including a personality profile test.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.