Time TypeFull time
Benefits2.5k OTE plus company vehicle (salary negotiable dependent on experience)
Area of BusinessField Operations
LocationBelfast - Kennedy Way Ind Est Blackstaff Road & LRS
Job ID 00021713
About the role
Application Closing Date: 25th June 2021
Start date - 29th July 2021
You’ll be the person that installs our amazing products and services into people’s homes, small businesses, and home offices. Setting up Broadband, TV and phone, you’ll make sure the customer can get the very best out of our products and services. Don’t worry, you don’t need any previous technical experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you need to succeed.
Virgin Media have a long and proud history of serving the community with products and services which enable people to stay connected. We offer the full kit and caboodle – Broadband, TV services and mobile – to ensure our customers have access to the very latest tech.
The Field Technician role is open to everyone – simple. We know that women are currently under-represented in our team of Field Techs, and we want to change that. As an employer, we’re committed to making sure that everybody feels free and empowered to bring – and be – their whole self at work. We’re proud to have a wonderfully diverse customer base, and it’s important to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. Our mission is to create belonging across our people, our products, our customers & in society as a whole.
Tell me more, tell me more…
You’ll always be looking for opportunities to improve the customer’s package, making sure they know all about our latest technology and deals. You’ll also be able to grow the business through customer advocacy by promoting our customer, friends & family referral scheme.
37.5 hours per week. This will be made up of three 10 hour shifts and one 7.5 hour shift, Monday – Saturday.
When you join, you’ll be given comprehensive training in the role, and as well as on-going support - you can trust us to do the right thing by you. No two days are the same, which means you’ll always be learning and finding new challenges to get stuck in to.
The must haves:
- A UK Manual driving licence with a maximum of 8 points
- To be eligible to apply for this position you must live within one of the following postcodes: BT35, BT60, BT61, BT62, BT63, BT64, BT65, BT66, BT67, BT1, BT2, BT3, BT4, BT5, BT6, BT7, BT8, BT9, BT10, BT11, BT12, BT13, BT14, BT15, BT16, BT17, BT27, BT28, BT29, BT36, BT37
Other stuff we’re looking for:
- You’ll enjoy helping customers get their tech up and running
- Enthusiasm for our products and everything else we have to offer
- A logical approach to solving problems
- You won’t be fazed by working at heights and outside in all weathers
- Adaptability for new daily challenges
What’s in it for you?
We love to reward our people for doing a great job. You’ll find the full list of benefits on our careers site, including:
- A basic salary of £24,000 plus the opportunity to earn more with on target earnings up to 2.5k. (Salary negotiable depending on experience)
- A company vehicle
- Discounted Virgin Media products for you, your family, and friends
- 25 days holiday every year plus bank holidays, and your birthday off each year
- Great Pension Plan – we match every pound you put in, up to 10%
- Company Funded Medical Plan – we pay for your own cover
Once you’ve applied, we’ll be inviting you to complete a video interview, which is an automated part of our process. This can be done at a time convenient to you within 7 days and within the comfort of your own home. You can complete this on your mobile phone or laptop.
If you’re successful, we’ll be in touch to advise you of the next steps which may involve a live virtual interview with one of our managers or a call with a member of our recruitment team to get to know you better. To find out more about any of these steps click here - https://careers.virginmedia.com/about-us/how-we-hire/ (You may need to copy and paste this link into your browser).