Time TypeFull time
Benefits£2.5k OTE plus company vehicle (salary negotiable dependent on experience)
Area of BusinessField Operations
LocationNottingham K&N - Red Shed Camberley Court -PS006
Job ID 00018764
About the role
You’ll be the person that installs our amazing products and services into people’s homes, small businesses, and home offices. Setting up Broadband, TV and phone, you’ll make sure the customer can get the very best out of our products and services. Don’t worry, you don’t need any previous technical experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you need to succeed.
Virgin Media have a long and proud history of serving the community with products and services which enable people to stay connected. We offer the full kit and caboodle – Broadband, TV services and mobile – to ensure our customers have access to the very latest tech.
The Field Technician role is open to everyone – simple. We know that women are currently under-represented in our team of Field Techs, and we want to change that. As an employer, we’re committed to making sure that everybody feels free and empowered to bring – and be – their whole self at work. We’re proud to have a wonderfully diverse customer base, and it’s important to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. Our mission is to create belonging across our people, our products, our customers & in society as a whole.
Tell me more, tell me more…
You’ll always be looking for opportunities to improve the customer’s package, making sure they know all about our latest technology and deals. You’ll also be able to grow the business through customer advocacy by promoting our customer, friends & family referral scheme.
Have more time for the things you love! You’ll work 37.5 hours per week across 4 days. This will be made up of three 10 hour shifts and one 7.5 hour shift, Monday – Saturday. Throughout the year, you’ll have 31 Saturdays off, and you’ll never work on Sundays (unless overtime is available). Where we need you to work on a Saturday, we won’t schedule Customer visits after 6pm.
When you join, you’ll be given comprehensive training in the role, and as well as on-going support - you can trust us to do the right thing by you. No two days are the same, which means you’ll always be learning and finding new challenges to get stuck in to.
The must haves:
- A UK Manual driving licence with no more than 8 points
- Your health and safety is important to us, due to the amount of time you will be required to spend driving to visit customers we need to ensure that you live close to the areas you’ll be responsible for, with that in mind, you must live within one of the following postcodes: NG1 to NG21; S40, S41, S44, S80 & S81
Other stuff we’re looking for:
- You’ll enjoy helping customers get their tech up and running
- Enthusiasm for our products and everything else we have to offer
- A logical approach to solving problems
- You won’t be fazed by working at heights and outside in all weathers
- Adaptability for new daily challenges
What’s in it for you?
We love to reward our people for doing a great job. You’ll find the full list of benefits on our careers site, including:
- A basic minimum salary of £24,080. Plus, our Field Technicians earn an average of 8k OTE per year on top of their basic salary, however you’ll have the potential to earn so much more. Our top 20% earners make up to 15k OTE per year.
- A company vehicle
- 156 days off per year – this includes 25 holiday days, bank holidays, your birthday, and the days you’re not scheduled to work as part of your normal working week
- Discounted Virgin Media products for you, your family, and friends
- Great Pension Plan – we match every pound you put in, up to 10%
- Company Funded Medical Plan – we pay for your own cover
Due to the volumes of applications we typically receive, once you’ve applied, we’ll be inviting you to record a video interview, which is an automated part of our process. This can be done at a time convenient to you within 7 days, and within the comfort of your own home. You can complete this on your mobile phone or laptop.
If you’re successful, we’ll be in touch to advise you of next steps which may involve a live virtual interview with one of our managers or a call with a member of our recruitment team to get to know you better. To find out more about any of these steps click here - https://careers.virginmedia.com/about-us/how-we-hire/
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!