Field Sales RepresentativeTelford
Time TypeFull time
Benefitsan OTE of £38,000 and an opportunity to earn uncapped commission
Area of BusinessField Sales, Sales
LocationTelford - Hawksworth Road
Job ID 00025519
About the role
About the role:
Field Sales is one of our most important and successful sales teams at Virgin Media. Our commission is uncapped, and your earning potential is huge.
On average our Sales Advisors earn £45,000 in their first year, however our top performers earn in excess of £70,000 per year.
We’re looking for resilient, sales-minded people with a great work ethic, to be the face of our trusted fibre, TV, mobile and phone products and services.
Every day is different, you’ll have plenty of challenges and obstacles to overcome when visiting potential customers at their door. But, with a great problem-solving attitude and the ability to influence this role is very rewarding.
Tell me more, tell me more…
In this role, you’ll spend around 80% of your time going door to door and speaking with potential customers to provide relevant information about our current and new products available. Many customers are reluctant to discuss products or their current provider package at first. Without being pushy, you can be a good listener, combined with asking the right questions and showcasing our most suited products to keep our potential customers interested.
What will you do with the other 20% of your time? You’ll be making calls from your car, talking to existing customers and finding out why they want to leave and if there’s anything we can do to resolve this, retaining them as a Virgin Media customer.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours per week typically from 12pm and 9pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required on Saturdays. Your Line Manager will let you know your shift pattern in advance, which could vary from time to time.
Your first couple of weeks will be spent in a training environment to help you get up to speed on everything we offer, as well as providing you with tips and recommendations for matching potential customers to the right service or product.
The training will be predominantly virtual from 9-5pm with a mix of self-led learning and an in-office induction with your manager.
The must haves:
• A UK Manual driving license with a maximum of 8 points
The other stuff we're looking for:
• Through great conversations be able to overcome rejections from customers and influence them round to your way of thinking
• You’ll love to win and enjoy the reward that comes with great success.
• Wants to be part of a fast paced, progressive, and leading Telco organisation.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• A basic salary of £18,530, an OTE of £38,000 and an opportunity to earn uncapped commission rising to an average of £45,000 per year.
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• Company Car.
• An excellent pension scheme, matching up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful will be a call from one of our recruiters to talk through the role in more detail and take you through a competency-based telephone interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.