Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessNetwork Assurance
LocationBrentford - Amalgamated Drive
Job ID 00023511
About the role
As a Field Engineer it's your role to be responsible and take personal charge of the day-to-day planning, delivery and management of technology and network services to customers and our business partners.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, be essential that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a valued member of our skilled networks community you'll be responsible for the provision and maintenance of internal services across the Virgin Media businesses. You'll also carry out the installation, maintenance & fault repair activities within the service level agreements (SLA's).
The must haves:
- We would love you to bring knowledge & experience of cable television and broadband architectures
- An in depth understanding of the HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial) architecture
- A consistent track record of working with hand & power tools
- To have expert knowledge of digital TV and broadband principles
- The ability to demonstrate Health & safety requirements
- Proven customer facing skills with an enjoyment of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a screening phone call from the recruiter and then if all goes well and interview with the Hiring Manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your perseverance and in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.