Field EngineerOrton Southgate
Time TypeFull time
Benefits2.5k OTE plus Company vehicle , Amazing benefits
Area of BusinessField Operations, Customer Service
LocationPeterborough - Elmstead Orton Southgate
Job ID 00023070
About the role
You’ll be the person to install our outstanding products and services into people’s homes, small businesses, and home offices. Installing Broadband, TV and landline, you’ll make sure the customer can get the very best out of our products and services. Don’t worry, you don’t need any previous technical experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you need to succeed.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
Internally you will be known as Field Technician, and you’ll always be looking for opportunities to improve the customer’s package, making sure they know all about our latest technology and deals. You’ll also be able to grow the business through customer advocacy by promoting our customer, friends & family referral scheme.
Have more time for the things you love! Thanks to our fabulous 4-day working week shift pattern, you’ll get approximately 20 extra days off each year compared to the average full-time job.
The weekly working hours are 37.5 hours per week across 4 days.
This is made up of three 10 hour shifts and one 7.5-hour shift between Monday – Saturday.
Throughout the year, you’ll have 31 Saturdays off, and you’ll never work on Sunday (unless you fancy opting for some available overtime). If you’re working on a Saturday, we won’t schedule customer visits after 6pm either.
When you join, you’ll be given comprehensive installation and customer service training, as well as ongoing support - you can trust us to do the right thing by you. No two days are the same, which means you’ll always be learning and finding new challenges to get stuck in to.
The must haves:
- A UK Manual driving license with no more than 8 points
- Your health and safety is important to us, due to the amount of time you will be required to spend driving to visit customers we need to ensure that you live close to the areas you’ll be responsible for. With that in mind, you must live within one of the following postcodes: PE1, PE2, PE3, PE4, PE6, PE7, PE13, PE15
Other stuff we're looking for:
- You’ll enjoy helping customers get their tech up and running
- A passion for our products and services
- A logical approach to solving problems
- Great resilience. (You won’t be fazed by working at heights and outside in all weathers.)
- Resourcefulness for new daily challenges
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a video interview, which is an automated part of our process. This can be done at a time convenient to you within 7 days, and within the comfort of your own home. You can complete this on your mobile phone or laptop.
If you’re successful, we’ll be in touch to advise you of next steps which may involve a live virtual interview with one of our managers or a call with a member of our recruitment team to get to know you better. To find out more about any of these steps click here - https://careers.virginmedia.com/about-us/how-we-hire/
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.