Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT, Transformation
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00023089
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll own and support our production environment by pro-activity monitoring incident management and issue investigation/resolution.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating change and release management processes ensuring continuous high availability, implementing CI/CD pipelines to facilitate deployments at scale. Leading the successful on-boarding of new applications/systems/services. To do this, you’ll impact assess, and plan IT application changes, implement, test and monitor the required changes in line with agreed change plans.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a DevOps Engineer it's your job to own and grow the offering, looking through the lens of continual improvement, you’ll identify areas where automation, tooling or process changes will add value across the Digital Experience team. Partnering with suppliers and partners, you’ll be the go-to person for any sharing your knowledge and expertise.
You will provide 2nd and 3rd line support for any issues that need corrective action whilst driving the change management and release management processes, by raising any issues to the senior management team. You may be required to be on call, out of hours for any concerns or issue resolution.
The must haves:
- Demonstrable experience with DevOps
- Proven experience with AWS, exposure to GCP would be advantageous
- Experience of monitoring and analytics tools, ie, Grafana, Dynatrace, Splunk.
- Experienced with a range of ticketing or alerting systems, ie, Jira, OpsGenie, PagerDuty, Jira Service Desk etc
- Ability to handle multiple streams of work with changing priorities
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Open to new ideas and change initiatives, with an ability to modify the current approach in the face of new demands.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include 2 stage interview process
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family