Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00019060
About the role
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a DevOps Engineer that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps Engineer you will own and support our production environment by pro-active monitoring, incident management and issue investigation and resolution.
You will drive the Change and Release management processes to ensure continuous high availability, implementing CI/CD pipelines to facilitate deployments at scale and will manage the successful on-boarding of new delivery increments as well as applications/systems/services. To do this, you’ll impact assess and plan IT application changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans.
The role will involve looking through the lens of continual improvement, identifying areas where automation, tooling or process changes will add value across the business area and you’ll be a go-to person for suppliers and stakeholders to rely upon your knowledge and expertise.
You may be required to be available on-call out of hours for escalation and/or issue resolution
- Provide excellent 2nd and 3rd line support of escalated issues and taking corrective action.
- You will drive the Change and Release management processes to ensure continuous high availability, implementing CI/CD pipelines to facilitate deployments at scale and will manage the successful on-boarding of new delivery increments as well as applications/systems/services.
- Promote DevOps mindset in the training and team mentoring of DevOps Engineers, sharing knowledge ideas etc
- Ownership of multiple projects and be pro-active in managing them end to end.
- You'll care about a value stream, ensuring users have a positive end-to-end experience across their transaction
- Full Stack Ops, responsible for all technologies, systems, tooling in use
- Contribute to the DevOps roadmap and strategy, using continual improvement to deliver best in class solutions providing some level of ownership
- Capacity management of all apps/services/tooling
- Build and maintain multiple CI/CD pipelines
- Ownership of post-mortems/RCA
- Ultimate responsibility of the reliability and performance of the full stack
- Maintain IT technical documentation.
- Provide on call support for all P1 and P2 incidents
- As a DevOps Engineer you will own and support our production environment by pro-active monitoring, incident management and issue investigation and resolution.
- The role will involve looking through the lens of continual improvement, identifying areas where automation, tooling, defects or process changes will add value. You'll deliver these into production.
- You'll also look at the e2e service through the lens of the customer to identify improvements
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong hands on experience in DevOps/Operations/SRE proficiencies
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience in supporting Middleware platforms such as Mulesoft, Oracle Fusion, containerisation, security gateways, or similar.
- Strong experience in deploying and debugging applications of Mulesoft, Fusion, Kubernetes artifacts to production environments
- Experience in object orientated programming and scripting
- Strong analytical and technical knowledge of API platforms
- Strong communication skills to work across multiple teams for delivery and incident management.
- Experience trouble shooting and ability work with the design, development and test teams
- Understanding configuring Mule Runtime, Anypoint Runtime Manager, Configuring and managing API Gateway
- Good understanding of API development lifecycle and API governance
- Databases & Tools: ORACLE, SQL Server and MariaDB or similar
- Monitoring tools - Dynatrace, Splunk, JMeter or similar
- SOA, XML, JSON, SSL Certificates, JMS, Kafka and Active MQ
- Cloud technologies - AWS, RedHat Openshift, Google Anthos