Desktop Support AnalystLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessOperations
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00025027
About the role
Closing date: 26/11/2021
About the role
As a Desktop Support Analyst, you'll be part of the Digital Workplace Services team, which sits in multiple regions across the UK. The team is responsible for providing core customer facing IT services to support and solve any technical hardware issues.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more...
It's your job to play a key part in giving a high level service to our internal VIP and executive customers, ensuring they are fully kept up to date of any progress on break/fix and/or change activity.
The must haves:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Desktop Support Analyst position providing executive support for board members
- We would love you to bring previous technical IT experience, skills, training or qualifications, this can be personal, academic or work experience
- Expert knowledge of: Mac OSX, Windows 10 and Apple IOS devices
- A people focussed approach with strong customer service experience and communication skills which will allow you to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience responding to problems and complaints and working in a timely manner to resolve issues
- The ability to assimilate, interpret and understand a range of different information so you can resolve or escalate accordingly
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an interview with the Hiring Manager including a personality profile test.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.