Demand Planning ManagerUK
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessNetwork Expansion, Strategy & Planning, Data Insight & Analytics
Job ID 00021133
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Demand Planning Support Manager to join our team here at Virgin Media. Your key focus will be creating a forward-looking pipeline for our strategy and engineering teams of customer demand across all of our divisions, whilst providing an array of support and activities that contribute to the wider strategy Demand Management Team. This is an excellent opportunity to lead the dialogue with respective customers and to understand long-range forecast for Network Services, Connectivity, and Infrastructure Delivery.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
The role is ideal for a forward-thinking individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, often demanding environment. You'll need to highlight risk and propose mitigating actions to reduce any issues. As a valued member of the team, you'll lead in reviewing and building internal/external delivery pipelines and looking to identify resourcing capacity and capability issues within our delivery model. Working across several projects at any one time means you’ll influence multiple partners and collaborate effectively to ensure the right work is prioritised.
The must haves:
- Experienced operator with previous IT/Telecoms network planning & budgeting experience, ideally gained within a large commercial environment.
- Able to analyse, assess and resolve intricate technology requirements.
- Consistent track record in handling high-value and complex vendor relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to influence, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes to achieve improvements and standard methodologies.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Excellent understanding of MS application (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook).
- Technical aptitude to understand new and current technologies and innovations.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a professional, dynamic, international environment.
- Familiarity with budget management and business proposal methods and techniques.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.