Time TypeFull time
Salary£32,000 - £42,000
Area of BusinessStrategy & Planning, Procurement, Data Insight & Analytics
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00022537
About the role
About the role:
As a Demand Planner as part of the Supply Chain team, it's your job to support the Inventory Reporting & Analysis function across Demand & Supply Planning providing high level and in-depth analysis to support day to day management and assist with long term Inventory targets.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
Reporting into the Network Planning Manager, you’ll play a key part in providing and maintaining daily performance reports containing critical up to date data to assist with strategic decision-making for short, medium and long term planning. As a valued member of the team you’ll be working with your partners and counterparts instigating and participating in the forecasting management of key Virgin Media projects providing analysis on current positions and future performance. With this you will employ system tools to establish precise and detailed benchmarking analysis such as JDA and Oracle as well as utilizing MRP systems to generate excel reports to gain a further stronghold for the demand planners and team members.
The must haves:
• Evidenced based experience creating and maintaining large excel reports and databases
• Proven PowerPoint slide preparation experience (charts, graphs, visuals)
• Demonstrable experience with Oracle, JDA and Power BI
• A background in developing and delivering executive level reporting with experience presenting to senior stakeholders
Other stuff we're looking for:
• A problem solver and confident pro-active communicator.
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of the business
• Strong analytical, data management and organizational skills
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working so don't be worried to ask the question.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two-stage interview process.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.