Data Governance and Quality AnalystReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCyber Security, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00023322
About the role
The Data Estate team in Virgin Media O2 is building data governance and privacy capability to enable our data scientists, digital technologists and product owners to deliver solutions that are legally and ethically compliant. The team is also developing a framework to manage the Data Estate as a strategic asset, generating new revenue lines from data monetisation activities and optimising consents and opt-ins to enhance the usability of data. We want to create a modern Data Governance as Code capability to increase usage of our data assets and drive greater value from them. We are looking for an experienced Data Governance and Quality Analyst to join our growing team to help us deliver this mission.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. An extensive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's key that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a Data Governance and Quality Analyst you will be driving how we operationalise our data governance and privacy capability on our Cloud platform. You will bring your experience of building data governance and privacy in a Cloud environment and work with our Data Engineering to ensure compliance in all our data processing activity. You will also work with our Data Scientists to understand the issues they find in our data that prevent them leveraging the full value and work with relevant SMEs to understand the root cause of those issues. You’ll also establish a Cloud native continuous data quality testing capability that enables us to move at pace and be confident in the quality of our data.
The must haves:
• Experience of operationalising Data Governance and Quality in a GCP or other Cloud environment - determine the data mapping required to join multiple data sets together.
• Technically able to validate & analyse with a view to writing clear user stories for data engineers.
• Understand the data definition tagging processes e.g. logical to physical mapping. Data Processing flows to measure consistency.
• Ability to investigate & query data using SQL/python
• Experience and a background in either data quality validation, data governance, data development or engineering. Including visualisation, exploration & schema analysis is beneficial.
• Experience managing conflicting and concurrent urgencies with the ability to show how you have prioritised and met associated deadlines
• Evidenced experience liaising, negotiating with, and influencing a wide range of stakeholders across all levels and business areas with the ability to show how you have previously coordinated and encouraged colleagues and teams to bring their expertise to an issue
What's in it for you?
Salary: Up 57k + benefits
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working so don't be worried to ask the question.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two-stage interview process.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.