Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00030526
About the role
As a Data Analyst you will deliver insights covering usage and content consumption across Virgin Media's multiple platforms across the business.
You'll effectively communicate strategic insights to support informed decision making with respect to product development, content acquisition, optimisation of in-life activity, or short/long-term commercial strategy whilst ensuring key measurement and data assets are fit for purpose.
Who we are
At Virgin Media, we believe that great employee experience leads to great customer experience. From our CEO to our field engineers, we are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation, thus achieving our purpose of “Building connections that really matter” and our North Star “To become the most recommended brand by our people and customers”.
We're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Strong data manipulation skills with core competency in SQL and proficiency in at least one statistical language (eg. SAS, R, etc)
- Understanding of the application of statistics and statistical modelling techniques such as linear and logistic regression
- Understanding of relational databases
- Strong Excel skills
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Degree in numerate discipline, ideally with postgraduate qualification in Statistics, Operational Research, Management Science or similar.
- Understanding of cutting edge viewing technologies and services (eg. Virgin TV Go/Control, Netflix, Sky Go, Amazon Prime, Now TV, etc)
- Recent knowledge of modern analytical tools (eg. Google Cloud Platform, Adobe Analytics, etc)
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage interview process.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.