Corporate Applications Manager
Time TypeFull time
Salary£50,000 - £55,000
Area of BusinessIT
LocationBradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane
Job ID 00016675
About the role
Oracle ERP and Corporate Applications
The ERP team are responsible for support, delivery and development across the Global Oracle EBS platforms and Corporate Applications estate. It is a complex and ever changing area which also makes it one of the most interesting areas to work in!
Principle responsibilities in this role are:
- Accountable for the Liberty Global (LG) wide support, development and delivery across the Corporate Applications landscape which underpins key business processes spanning Financials, Fixed Assets, Procurement, HR and Payroll. The applications service VM UK, Ireland, Central/Corporate LG (UK, US and NL) as well as other entities
- Manage and mentor a team of Application SMEs ensuring regular 121s are conducted, PDPs are in place, workload is planned/allocated and regular team meetings take place
- Queue management of Incidents, Requests, Known Problems (NPRs) and Known Errors (NKEs) across multiple IM systems (Remedy, USMS etc.)
- Maintaining exceptional scorecard results in line with SLAs/KPIs
- Ensuring Net Promoter Score (NPS) levels remain high (Promoter)
- High priority incident management to the point of resolution and RCA
- Accountable and responsible for the Corporate Applications estate inclusive of all virtual servers, NXG (Fiserv) Bank Reconciliations, BasWare Invoice Scanning, Odex HMRC data transfer, RightNow (Oracle Service Cloud) VMES and P2P Incident Management systems, Apro Invoice Scanning and Banking, Visual Lease etc.
- Ensure appropriate knowledge transfer is conducted within the team to eliminate SPOFs
- Own the BAU, Cyclical and Infrastructure activities e.g. patching, audit/compliance, testing and co-ordination
- Security/Compliance/Audits – own these activities to ensure we operate secure and compliant platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring the team act upon security vulnerabilities on the virtual servers Responsible for creating and evolving a 1 and 3 year rolling strategic roadmap
- Ownership of escalations stemming from the Corporate Applications remit
- Stakeholder management
- Effective time management
- Workload planning and prioritisation
- Ensure all applications are up to date and fully supported by the vendor
- Act as Delegate for the Head of Oracle EBS and Corporate Applications as required
- Populating the Wiki with relevant content and ensuring the content remains current
- Contribute to putting in place documentation for new technologies and large scale changes ensuring the team are able to provide appropriate levels of support
- Formulate a plan to undertake ‘housekeeping’ activities e.g. archive and purge of aged data, create appropriate alerting and ensure daily checks are conducted
- Ensure we adhere to best practice and high levels of IT standards. Where possible look to prevent repetitive incidents coming in to the queue through user education, documentation (Jive) and shift-left
- Taking the lead on behalf of the team for generic T&I changes e.g. desktop Java upgrade
- Identifying and executing systems rationalisation opportunities within scope
- 2nd line applications support for Corporate Applications
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task, balance priorities and work unaided
- Team player with an ability to influence those outside your own team
- Great communication skills with the ability to adapt your style and language to suit the audience, whether technical or business
- Excellent understanding of IT principles and best practice
- Live and promote the company values; demonstrate customer focus, including a desire to exceed expectations
- Management of initiatives involving contributions from multiple teams
- Excellent understanding of Corporate systems and their core functionality
- Good understanding of the business process the systems underpin
- Broad understanding of technology including virtual servers, patching, networks, web technologies and SaaS technologies
- Familiar with technology Incident Management, Change Management and best practice
- Experienced in 2nd line applications support
- Understands the importance of and able to deliver great customer service
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!