Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Bid Management, Commercial Management
LocationSheffield - Chippingham Street
Job ID 00023574
About the role
We're on the lookout for a Contract Manager (CM ) to join our team here at Virgin Media Business. The CM will be responsible for assuring contract control and optimisation for our major customer contracts and frameworks through delivery, in-life and renewal or exit stages. You'll be required to provide high quality commercial leadership and deliver incremental revenue through contract optimisation. With your support, the team will execute profitable contracts in line with contractual, legal, regulatory and business requirements, with particular emphasis on large and/or sophisticated opportunities across Enterprise and Public Sector.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's essential that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more...
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong contractual/commercial awareness and showcase the expertise to build credible relationships with your partners and customers. Your approach will be proactive, using your initiative to identify contract optimisation opportunities and/or resolve issues before they arise, by probing for specific information to understand complex issues. The nature of this role may present changing situations and challenging environments, so the ability to maintain efficiency and flexibility is key, whilst showing passion and drive to succeed.
The must haves:
- Demonstrable experience of working with challenging contracts, frameworks, contractual terms and conditions and an in-depth understanding of contract management through the full contract lifecycle.
- Can provide credible examples of managing contract commercials and the impact of any decisions on budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to share case studies of where you have assimilated, understood and resolved complex technical, strategic and business issues in a confident and professional manner.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Accredited with International Association for Commercial Contract Management (IACCM) or equivalent.
- Previous experience and proven achievement in a contract management role, preferably within the IT/Telecoms B2B market.
- Outstanding commercial acumen and financial awareness, ensuring contract clauses are unambiguous, achieve desired commercial outcomes and are legally compliant.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools which help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process with the Hiring Manager and interview panel.
When you apply, we'll ask you about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your