Community Lead - 12 month fixed term contractReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessExternal Communications
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00020630
About the role
The Role of the Community Liaison Lead (CLL) is to support residents and communities through different stages of Virgin Media build. Working with all departments across VM to build meaningful connections, ‘bringing people and communities closer together, creating a sense of belonging’
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full kit and caboodle – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, its crucial that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
Your role will be a key supporting role to the growth of Virgin Media and our network. You will help us to create community belonging by improving spaces, encouraging community participation and giving people the digital means to connect to each other. Your role is to work with residents and communities to drive customer advocacy helping people connect to physical or digital communities with common shared interests.
Your role will be to establish key contacts within the communities, working with our residents, partners and with local authorities.
The must haves:
- Internal & external stakeholder management experience along with being able to build and lead key relationships
- Experience in managing excavation & reinstatement of street works
- To be able to coordinate several different workloads at a time
- Flexible with work hours
- Current full UK Driving Licence
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Superb communication skills being able to communicate to people at all different levels
- Experience of leading telecommunications works within the public highway
- Experience of understanding commercial and contractor obligations under commercial arrangements (such as NEC4)
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- Company car
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK Bank Holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a screening phone call from the recruiter and then an interview with the Hiring Manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.