Commercial Manager - In Life GrowthLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCommercial Management
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00031843
About the role
We are recruiting a Commercial Manager to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract! As a Commercial Manager, you'll drive value from the existing customer base through strategic capability planning and optimising the addressable base for trading activity and customer loyalty. You'll work cross functionally across the business to plan and execute an aligned quarterly base campaign plan and optimal customer contract strategy.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for driving the evolution of base segmentation to deliver targeted customer marketing, based on customer needs, lifecycle, value, and propensity to buy, supporting the trading team with base movement insights and target base cohorts/ segments. You'll understand the 12-18 month product/packaging roadmap/ strategic direction, commercially input base strategy and opportunities, also feeding into the trading team to develop into the day to day trading plans when required.
Who we are
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Ability to exercise judgement to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
- Lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Prior cable, telecoms, Pay TV or mobile experience is an advantage, or at the very least a strong awareness of the industry and the key issues that affect our business
- Strong on Excel and PowerPoint as a means to communicate your ideas to different audiences
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage virtual interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.