Capacity Planning EngineerReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessPlanning & Engineering
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00020627
About the role
About the role:
As a Mechanical & Electrical Capacity Planning Engineer, it’s your job to proactively capacity manage the assets and be responsible for the management and upkeep of the Mechanical & Electrical asset record system and the identification of site capacity and status.
Through data analysis of growth forecasts along with the asset records budget in the short and long term, you’ll agree work programmes and produce supporting information for investment approval. You’ll also be responsible for scoping out requirements for model development and support changes to management systems.
This role is essential to the approval process for the deployment of IT/Telecoms equipment into technical sites. You’ll provide subject matter expert (SME) input into the vision and development of asset management systems and costing models to take into account automation opportunities, ensuring the rules that drive the capacity and obsolescence status remain accurate and relevant.
Tell me more, tell me more…
The Mechanical and Electrical Capacity Planning team supports the deployment of Network, Platform and data centre equipment by the Planning & Engineering group. As part of this team you’ll assess the equipment growth scope and budgets for mechanical & electrical work required through lifecycle and capacity analysis of the power, space and air conditioning supporting infrastructure.
The Must Haves:
• Experience in relevant Capacity Planning, Process Engineering or Mechanical and Electrical Engineering environments.
• Strong data analysis skills, numerical literacy and the ability to communicate numerical concepts to senior stakeholders.
• Strong presentation skills – the ability to adapt output and key messages to suit different audiences.
• Experience of dealing with multi-priority deliverables.
• Travel to other UK locations for meetings or site visits is necessary due to the nature of the work.
Other stuff we’re looking for:
• A demonstrable and successful track record of working within a delivery or operations organisation.
• Sound knowledge and experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
What’s in it for you?
As you're already a valued member of the Virgin Media Family, you'll know lots about the amazing stuff we do to take care of our people.
This role is a level 4.
This role could be based at any of our main office locations, if your preferred location isn’t listed and you feel this role could be right for you, please reach out to the recruiter to discuss in more detail.
As you're applying internally, rather than us listing everything off here, we can talk it through with you later in the application process.
That way, you'll know exactly what a role change will mean for you, and what's on offer if you're successful.
If you think you've got what it takes to make a move, we'd love to hear from you.
It's important that you take the time to submit a formal application via Workday.
Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and if you do have burning questions, you can drop Nic Heywood or Geoff West a note
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.