Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCommercial Management
LocationReading -Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00017966
About the role
Come and join us as a Business Manager in our Virgin Media Business (VMB) vertical! The purpose of the role is to provide strategic, planning and process support to the Virgin Media Wholesale Leadership Team. Although the Business Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of Wholesale, you will work closely with each of the Wholesale Leadership members and VMB Direct leadership, along with their respective Business Managers and matrixed functions.
The Business Manager will need to ensure that the Wholesale Leadership Team is well-equipped with the content, insights and analysis to help inform the key business decisions affecting the function. You will be right at the heart of the action and decision-making - this really is a dynamic, hands on and exciting role!
- Accountable for leading strategy activities within the function and collaborating with key stakeholders to provide a consistent and pragmatic approach to the resolution of complex problems
- Support with the preparation of key documentation for the Wholesale Leadership team, in which you will liaise with key internal stakeholders to source required inputs, data and insights in an accurate and timely way
- Plan and coordinate management and decision-making processes. Support with the planning, sequencing and coordination of the Wholesale Leadership team managerial processes and practices.
- To ensure that a balance is struck between rigor and speed to ensure the smooth and effective running of the business. Help with preparation of the meetings, identifying issues, drawing up agendas and disseminating information, and following up actions.
- Thinking ahead for the 'What if'
- Preparedness. Be accountable for Wholesale Leadership team members having the presentations, content, briefing and data required to be effective in ad hoc internal and external meetings.
- Programme and project status. Ensure that the Wholesale Leadership Team regularly reviews the progress and status of key projects and programmes within, and affecting Wholesale. Ensure that the team is aware of any major risks and issues highlighted, and support the coordination of information flow with other parts of Virgin Media. Follow up to ensure that appropriate Post Implementation Reviews are carried out and learnings shared appropriately.
- Cost control. Work with Finance to ensure that in-flight and planned projects are reviewed regularly covering costs, scope and benefits. This should cover both Capex and non-headcount Opex -maintaining adequate cost control in order to fully leverage budgets in-year.
- Business Planning. Assist the Wholesale Leadership team in the production of the annual Long Range Plan for Wholesale, and support the Budget in-year re-budgeting processes. In particular, lead in the production of market assumptions, market sizing and competitor assessments.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role, with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and visibility across variety of stakeholders. You'll need to be able to create awareness and visibility of strategic activities throughout the entire organization. To succeed, we would expect you to constantly challenge analysis, forecasting and reporting to ensure high standards of quality control. You'll be required to Identify risks and opportunities to strategic activities at an early stage and support alignment of strategic indicators across the business. With that in mind, if you also have good understanding of the Wholesale industry, market, products developments and our customer trends we want to hear from you.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!