Business Development ManagerBirmingham
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Sales
LocationBirmingham - Eagle Court Coventry Road
Job ID 00027559
About the role
About the role
We're on the lookout for a New Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team here at Virgin Media Business (VMB). You will be key member of the Enterprise Business Development team with a clear focus to acquire new logo sales across the Virgin MediaO2 (VMO2) product portfolio, capitalising on our rich heritage, and using this to open the doors to other digital services.
It is the BDM’s responsibility to deliver on their sales targets - specifically focussed on new logo customers for VMO2. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to manage multiple opportunities at the same time, and navigate through internal process and governance to meet customer timescales. This also means taking personal ownership of your own development, market knowledge, network and delivery. But don’t worry – you won’t be on your own. The team consists of highly motivated salespeople with a clear desire to win, so support, knowledge sharing and team play is always front of mind.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Proven track record securing new business, with extensive experience in previous BDM roles.
- Can showcase a strong commercial acumen, with a hunter mentality and ability to deliver/execute new deals effectively.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge working in the world of Mobile and Digital solutions.
- Proven experience of meeting/exceeding sales targets and delivering against business critical KPIs.
- Strong and credible communicator up to c-level executives, both internally and externally, with the ability negotiate and influence well.
If Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process with the hiring panel.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.