Business Development Manager - HealthReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Sales
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00020488
About the role
The Business Development Manager, Health role will drive the strategic direction, within the UK Health marketplace, for our UK Public Sector teams, with accountability for identifying and supporting on the delivery of annualised revenue growth through direct correlation arising from excellent stakeholder engagement. They will collaborate though the formation of virtual teams whilst coaching / mentoring account managers by leading the strategic management and development of customer relationships within our regional Public Sector teams.
The successful candidate will optimise revenue growth across the VMB solutions portfolio with a clear focus on driving new business attainment and elevate C-Level strategic relationships through the transformation from transactional relationships to business relevant outcomes, specific to the Health Sector. You will be an outcome focused individual, with strong affinity to new business sales and business development with a strong goal performance orientation.
A deep understanding of Public Sector Reform and how this relates to Heath and Social Care Integration, as well as an understanding of Devolved / Local Government constitution will be essential including Social Value and how this is perceived. We also focus upon Criminal Justice and Policing, Emergency Services as well as Education sectors. A strong desire to drive change and a track record of being a strong communicator with a consultative mind-set will be key to success.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management with key agencies across the UK Health Sector, including but not limited to Department for Health, NHS England, NHS X, NHS Digital & Public Health England
- Identify opportunity to drive and deliver Revenue Growth through Annual Contract Value and Volume key performance indicators against agreed Public Sector targets across the Regional Sales Teams.
- Co-creation and execution of strategic Account Development Plans and/or Regional Strategy plans in alignment with customer’s/regional strategy, objectives and key results. To be presented and reviewed both internally and externally to gain buy in.
- Solution sales lead, offering thought leadership to our Public Sector customers aligning with their ICT and Communications strategy and demonstrating the ability to respond to customer critical challenges with innovative solutions.
- Develop effective, multi-layer relationships including board level, with customers, demonstrating knowledge of their organisation, key objectives, drivers and decision-making process.
- Develop effective senior level networks internally and ensure appropriate level of Executive engagement takes place between your customers and their peers internally.
- Have a full understanding of competitor insight with Public Sector and wider Technology environment, as it relates to the UK Health marketplace.
- Drive collaboration between VMB and eco-System Partner to understand near and long-term opportunities and challenges for growth.
- Coach the virtual service organisation internally to deliver world class customer service and exceed NPS objectives. Act as an ambassador both in the external market and within internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour.
- Manage CRM reporting via Salesforce.com pipeline creation and management to ensure the correct level of focus is applied to each opportunity identified and forecast.
- Lead virtual team responsible for managing bids and taking opportunities through the business approval process.
- Coach the team to drive standard methodology execution across problem solving and analytics.
- Construct business cases and justify CAPEX / OPEX spend & resource allocation whilst operating within published commercial and contractual guidelines, making effective use of escalation routes.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Passionate about technology and the opportunity to transform Public Sector organisations through market disruption / transition.
- Able to prioritise and accurately manage multiple projects with a high degree of collaboration.
- Experienced Public Sector market awareness and strategic execution at a senior / board level.
- Comfortable engaging senior leadership and able to develop meaningful conversations in a non-confrontational style.
- Ability to drive new business through existing and emerging technologies, Proven and outstanding sales and account leadership experience.
- Ability to understand new product developments and the significance of capturing market transitions early.
- Challenges the status quo with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication, advanced presentation skills and strong commercial acumen.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive proven experience in a consulting-led senior sales role.
- Proven experience of managing a virtual team in a B2B sales environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the current Communications & IT industries.
- Must be fully computer literate and be able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Proven experience of successfully navigating and working in complex environments.