B2B Services ArchitectLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00013181
About the role
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our network to millions more homes and businesses and we continue to develop innovative new products and services.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the architectural solution development of new products and services for Virgin Media Business (VMB). This encompasses a broad mix of products across Data, Voice and Value Added Services (VAS) portfolios such as Internet, VPN (IP / Ethernet), SD-WAN, Managed Security, Voice and Unified Comms based on established and bleeding edge technologies.
Working on business critical projects and undertaking the role of lead Architect in order to define and drive development of technical solutions for VMB’s product catalogue. You will work on multiple New Product Development (NPD) projects in the B2B domain, translating product requirements into High Level Architectures and Solution Designs and helping to shape and drive projects through all stages from initial idea through to technical readiness.
The role is technology-focused and also involves elements of strategy, lifecycle, compliance and customer solution consultancy to ensure architectural service principles are addressed for in-life and future products as well as those currently in development.
This will be achieved by;
- Working closely with the VMB Product Management and Business Analysts to help define suitable, technically valid and feasible requirements based on technical and budget constraints.
- Producing solution architectures for B2B projects in the UK:
- Working with platform and system specialists to form an E2E product solution from customer premises through access, edge and core networks, centralised services platforms and key OSS / BSS. The role has a particular focus around deploying solutions into cloud environments (public and private).
- Defining and documenting solutions using templates and processes that enable delivery of the solution by downstream teams including Engineering, IT, Operations and Information Security. Continue to consult with these teams throughout the product development process in order to address and revisit any issues with the architectural solution found during development or testing.
- Provide in-life management and consultancy for existing B2B product architectures through interaction with a range of technical and business stakeholders.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- An excellent understanding of B2B products / services and the technologies that underpin these is paramount.
- Experience in a technical business services Architecture role.
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment.
- Experience in developing networking products for business customers.
- A vision for how B2B networking products should evolve to meet modern customer demands and working practices.
- Strong understanding of data and voice networking products and technologies with proven experience at senior technical level essential.
- Past working experience in a virtualisation/automation role and a deep technical understanding of Virtualisation and Cloud
- Knowledge of Cloud computing services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and automation/orchestration technologies
- Strong understanding of new and emerging technologies such as SDN / NFV and a desire to keep abreast of industry developments and trends.
- Role relevant qualifications, such as CCNP/CCIE/CCDP, MEF-CECP, AWS Certified Solution Architect, VMware or other cloud-related qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Understanding of key standards, regulatory and compliance organisations and considerations
- Ability to produce technically accurate, clear and concise documents, diagrams and presentations.
- Ability to converse and present effectively to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large organisation from engineer to Director / VP
- Ability to take on a lead role in a virtual team
- Ability to plan projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- Proactive, flexible and innovative by nature
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change within a large organisation.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!