Apprenticeship Development SpecialistReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessPeople
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00022148
About the role
We're on the lookout for an outstanding Apprenticeship Development Specialist to join our award-winning Future Careers team here at Virgin Media. Your key focus will be ensuring that we craft, implement, and maintain effective development programs for our apprentice community, whilst supporting the capability needs of our business. You’ll ensure that we create and build an apprentice environment where everyone can belong, supporting the employee life cycle of an individual on their apprenticeship. As an ambassador of our Future Careers programs, you'll promote internally and externally with great passion and enthusiasm.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile, and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
This role is perfect for an individual, who has a development and people mindset. You’ll thrive in an environment where you can make an impact and contribute to supercharging an individual’s career, by orchestrating fantastic learning programmes to really help them fly! You’ll have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally. Be our apprenticeship programme management champion and partner with our external training providers to offer excellent development curriculums. Our team also attends lots of exciting events, to attract students as well as involvement in our assessment centres.
The must haves:
• Proven experience in program management, with the ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• A background in developing internal employees, as well as partnering with external training providers.
• Able to demonstrate through examples the ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
• Excellent stakeholder engagement through strong communication written and oral skills.
• Confident MS application user, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint.
Other stuff we're looking for:
• Experience in owning the employee life cycle of apprenticeship programs.
• Ability to present to large audiences.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.