Senior Provisioning EngineerReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Planning & Engineering
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00028574
About the role
As a Senior Provisioning Engineer, you'll design, plan and implement layer 2 and layer 3 IPVPN solutions for our business customers, ranging from small to medium enterprises to PSN and complex configuration level! You'll also configure large complex layer 3 network changes as requested.
You'll be able to logically commission and provision on our in house WDM systems as well as on our TDM network. Knowing our infrastructure inside out - as well as our customer's - so you'll be able to make insightful recommendations on diversity, redundancy and scalability!
Who we are
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Significant IT, Telecom or data networking experience within a service provider or large enterprise environment within a provisioning or faulting role.
- Cisco CCNP routing and switching certified or proven practical skills.
- Alcatel MRP routing professional, or proven practical skills at that level.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of TDM and WDM technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of circuit provisioning, testing and troubleshooting.
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- High levels of IT literacy across a wide range of applications including Microsoft products.
- To be conversant with current and future communication engineering technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills, with ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with escalations.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two part interview process, with tech and lab assessments.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.