Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00028923
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an Account Manager (AM) to join our team here at Virgin Media B2B. Ideally the role will be based out of the Reading or Hammersmith office and you'll take ownership of our local government and procurement bodies around the Southern/London area.
The AM will drive the strategic direction for a defined set of high net value accounts, with responsibility for owning the operational management and development of customer relationships with a view to delivering against the designated strategy for these customers.
You will be accountable for annualised revenue growth, through development of excellent, high level, balanced customer relationships. Your collaboration is key, through the formation and management of virtual teams, whilst coaching / mentoring account managers, Sales Specialists and other key members of the team.
Who we are
We're on a mission to ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. As an equal opportunities employer, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Demonstrable experience in the Public Sector market, specifically local government, and an ability to execute sales activity at a senior and board level.
- Evidence of driving and delivering Revenue Growth, through Annual Contract Value, and other key performance indicators agreed against Public Sector targets and strategies.
- Ability to drive new business through existing and emerging technologies and proven, outstanding sales and account leadership experience.
- Clearly exudes passion and interest in technology and the opportunity to transform Public Sector organisations through market disruption and Digital Transformation.
The other stuff we're looking for
- Strong commercial acumen, able to articulate solutions to customers in a way that aligns with their business and financial objectives
- Showcases examples of ability to drive solution sales, offering thought leadership to our Public Sector customers, aligning our propositions with their ICT and Communications strategy, including Next Generation Voice, Data, Cloud, Collaboration, UC and Security Services.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters. All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance. Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a three part interview process with our hiring panel.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.