Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, Sales
LocationBellshill - Dove Wynd Strathclyde Business Park
Job ID 00024974
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an established Account Director (AD), to drive the strategic direction for a defined set of high net value Public Sector accounts. You’ll have accountability for annualised revenue growth, through development of high level customer relationships across Bellshill and Edinburgh.
You will be collaborating through the formation and management of virtual teams, whilst coaching and mentoring Account Managers, Sales Specialists and other key members of the group to help drive success.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of outstanding products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. An extensive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's crucial for us that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more…
The AD will need to optimise revenue growth, across our solutions portfolio, with a clear focus on driving new acquisitions and elevating C-Level strategic relationships, through clear alignment of our offerings against the customer’s digital aspirations.
The successful candidate will showcase the passion to motivate change, the ability to approach each interaction with a consultative mind-set and know how to communicate and influence confidently. Teamwork is also key in this role, so we want someone who embraces the opportunity to encourage others to excel.
The must haves:
- Previous experience in a Public Sector consulting-led senior sales role, in an Account Director capacity, specifically across the Scotland.
- Proven track record of driving and implementing strategic plans across several accounts.
- Experience of collaboration and leading of teams, from an operational level, to drive standard methodology, sales plan execution and approach to problem solving.
- Experienced in leading strategic conversation at board level, influencing senior partners both internally and externally.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- Previous success stories of securing new business and development of accounts through existing and new technologies.
- Tangible examples of achieving excellent customer service and credible Net Promoter Scores.
- Must be comfortable travelling to our customers across Scotland (once government restrictions are lifted and it's safe to do so).
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - we're passionate about helping you to prioritise what really matters. All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find an excellent work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits and personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a screening call with a dedicated recruiter, followed by a three-part interview process with the hiring team. When you apply, please let us know of adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. We'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.