Our talented designers, engineers & architects are responsible for game changing products such as our V6 set top box, as well as amazing apps that millions of customers use every day – and, of course, some of the fastest broadband speeds on the planet.
This two-year scheme of four six-month placements will give you a wide range of opportunities across Virgin Media and the Technology and Innovation division of our international parent company, Liberty Global. You’ll gain detailed engineering skills and an in-depth understanding of the multiple technologies that go together to deliver one of the major telecommunication networks in Europe. This could include video engineering, network design, capacity planning, access technologies, customer equipment or network management systems.
You’ll most likely be based in Hook, Birmingham or Winnersh, but there’s also potential for other locations including Amsterdam! You should be willing to travel and relocate according to the demands of the business.
We’ll give you a rock solid grounding of the Telecommunications business and from day one, you’ll get to grips with real challenges, on projects across a range of business areas including TV, broadband, mobile and fixed voice. You may even get the opportunity to work on Project Lightning, our Network Expansion programme, the single biggest private investment in UK internet infrastructure in over a decade. As part of the Liberty Global group there will be opportunities to work with colleagues from across Europe and maybe even spend some time there too. It’s a steep learning curve, so you’ll need a head for heights, but then you will be shaping the technology of the future. Excited? You should be...
So your placements will give you loads of hands-on experience and on-the-job training, but what about the formal stuff? We're committed to supporting your continued professional development as an engineer, and, if you're up for it, we'll help you achieve professional registration to IEng to become a Chartered Engineer.
Duration: 2 years
Salary: £29K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
Locations: Hook, Birmingham, Winnersh, and potentially Amsterdam (must be flexible regarding location)
What we want from you:
- 2.1 or above in a STEM based degree such as Engineering, Computing or Science
- You should also be insatiably curious, with a knack for all things technical and a keen eye on what’s going on in the telecommunications, media and entertainment world.
- It’ll also help if you’re a go-getting, team-working, people-person!
Applications for our 2018 Engineering graduate scheme are now closed.
Still want to know more?
- Meet Michael , Adam, Sophie and Sam - as they tell us all about their placements on the Engineering graduate scheme
- What's it like being a graduate Engineer at Virgin Media? We asked Sophie to fill us in...check out her interview here
- Find out more about Sarah's experience on the Engineering graduate scheme here
- Meet Alex - he's on his first Engineering graduate scheme placement!
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Check out our early careers blog
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events