It’s Corporate Affairs’ responsibility to strengthen and defend Virgin Media’s reputation. To deliver this responsibility we’ve built a dynamic department consisting of four areas: Communications and Purpose, Public and Media Relations, Public and Regulatory Affairs as well as Regional Affairs. The Corporate Affairs scheme involves rotating across all four of these areas, giving you a deep understanding of Corporate Affairs, strong knowledge of a diverse range of topics and issues, as well as fantastic exposure to internal and external stakeholders.
Corporate Affairs areas:
No two days are the same in Corporate Affairs. Each area is responsible for managing and responding to an ever evolving range of issues. But to give you a flavour, each area has a distinct focus:
- Communications and Purpose: Putting purpose at the heart of our organisation and making sure that we grow in a way that is good for people and the environment
- Public and Media Relations: Building relationships with media and protecting the reputation of our company
- Public & Regulatory Affairs: Creating and defending a supportive regulatory and political environment
- Regional Affairs: Managing relationships with regional stakeholders to enable Virgin Media’s growth plans
As a Corporate Affairs graduate, you’ll spend six months in each of the four areas. This two-year scheme will allow you to experience the breadth of Corporate Affairs; you’ll get the opportunity to make a real impact on key projects, whilst learning from our broad and experienced team.
To help you kick-start your graduate experience, you’ll be introduced to the business through your induction. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of our company, our culture and how we work, as well as getting the opportunity to meet the people you’ll need to know to help you start building your own network.
You’ll benefit from a whole host of dedicated support throughout your time on the graduate scheme to ensure you’re maximising your potential. We’ll give you the tools you need to fast track your career; so with your ambition and self-drive, at the end of the programme, you’ll be ready to join us as a specialist in one of our four key areas. If you join Corporate Affairs you can expect to work hard and play hard with a supportive and talented team, in a department that rewards you for not just what you do, but how you do it.
Location: Hammersmith, London
Salary: £29,000 + £2,000 welcome bonus + amazing benefits
What we want from you:
- A 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Relevant work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to grasp new concepts, operate in challenging environments and deliver work to a high standards
As a department at the heart of Virgin Media we need talented people who are articulate, resilient, dynamic and have a strong attention to detail. Every day presents a new challenge and we often need to move fast to respond to issues in order to strengthen and protect Virgin Media’s reputation.
Applications for our 2018 Corporate Affairs graduate scheme are now closed.
Still want to know more?
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Check out our early careers blog
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events